ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GDSF7 with Ucon64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonofx51

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: GDSF7 with Ucon64 Reply with quote

I have a GDSF7 with bios 7.11 and ucon64. The GDSF7 is set to boot as a PSF2 with jumper 3 (?) soldered together. I can transfer roms using the xgd3 command but not the xgd6 command. It seems to transfer any game and it plays fine, but I would like to be able to back up and transfer sram files and that only works with the xgd6s command which does not work for me.

Any suggestions?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be related to your Parallel Port mode on your PC. Make note of the current working mode/settings and then try changing them around and seeing if it makes a difference.
sonofx51

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played around with the settings, and it would still only transfer in GD3 mode. I'll try taking it apart and removing the jumper to see if it makes a difference.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't bother with that. It doesn't matter if its calling itself a Professor SF2 or a Game Doctor SF7. It's got something to do with parallel port modes used. Remember if you have something like different version numbers of modes, be sure to try each version. For example I have a device that won't work on EPP+ECP v1.9, only 1.7 works.
sonofx51

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bios doesn't offer a 1.7 or 1.9 mode. It lists SPP, ECP ECP+EPP and EPP. I've tried the different modes and port address and it will still only transfer in GD3 mode. It must be my PC, the parallel port is onboard, not PCI or anything.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could just be that whatever mode is needed for the GD6 mode isn't supported by your PC's chipset. It happens. My laptop's chipset doesn't support EPP which I needed for the PCE Pro, so I have to use a PC in another room for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: