ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you find any SPAM or any problem from the forum, please PM Tomy. Thanks.


Motherboard Compatibility Testing

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Oerg



Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Motherboard Compatibility Testing Reply with quote

I'm currently testing all of my mainboards for MD-Pro Compatibility...

What I've got so far: (Feel free to contribute)

Code:
ABit

BX6                COMPATIBLE
IS7(-E)            COMPATIBLE

ASROCK

760GM-GS3          INCOMPATIBLE (BIOS has buggy LPT timings...)
AD410PV            COMPATIBLE (might take few tries)
ALiveXfireESATA2   COMPATIBLE
K7S8X              COMPATIBLE
K7UPGRADE-600      INCOMPATIBLE
K7VM2              COMPATIBLE

ASUS

A7V133             COMPATIBLE
A7V8X (OEM)        COMPATIBLE
A7N8X              COMPATIBLE
CUV4X-D            COMPATIBLE (UCON64 needs different IO driver)
M2N-CM-DVI         INCOMPATIBLE
M4A785TD-V EVO     COMPATIBLE
M4A785TD-M         COMPATIBLE
P2B                COMPATIBLE
P3B-F              COMPATIBLE
P4SD               COMPATIBLE
P55T2P4            COMPATIBLE
TX97-X             COMPATIBLE

CHAINTECH

6ATA2              COMPATIBLE
6VTA2              COMPATIBLE

COMMATE

S7AX               COMPATIBLE

COMMODORE

Amiga 4000D        INCOMPATIBLE (Hangs when trying to flash)

COMPAQ

Evo D510           COMPATIBLE

DELL

Optiplex 740       INCOMPATIBLE (Wrong Signal Voltage)
Optiplex GX-270    COMPATIBLE
Precision 650      COMPATIBLE

DFI

AK-75              COMPATIBLE

ECS ELiTEGROUP

K7S5A              COMPATIBLE
K7VZA              COMPATIBLE

FREETECH

P5F76              COMPATIBLE (Select "ECP/EPP" mode !!!)

GATEWAY

718142-208         COMPATIBLE

GIGABYTE

GA-5ATV            COMPATIBLE
GA-686LX3          COMPATIBLE
GA-6BXC            COMPATIBLE
GA-770TA-UD3       COMPATIBLE (32 BIT only)
GA-7IXE4           COMPATIBLE
GA-7ZX             COMPATIBLE
GA-8INXP           COMPATIBLE
GA-P85-D3          COMPATIBLE

INTEL

Intel JN440BX      COMPATIBLE

IWILL

PX55UW             COMPATIBLE

LEGEND QDI

KinetiZ-7EV        COMPATIBLE

MSI

865GM3-LS/FIS      COMPATIBLE
K7N2G              COMPATIBLE
K8T-Neo2           COMPATIBLE
K8T-Neo2-F         COMPATIBLE
K8VMM2             COMPATIBLE
K9N6(S/P)GM-*      INCOMPATIBLE
KA790GX            NO PARALLEL PORT
KT6-Delta          COMPATIBLE
MS-5146            COMPATIBLE (Select "ECP/EPP" mode !!!)
MS-6147            COMPATIBLE
Pro266 TD Master   COMPATIBLE

PC-CHIPS

M536               COMPATIBLE
M572               COMPATIBLE

SHUTTLE

HOT-671            COMPATIBLE

SOYO

SY-5EMA+           INCOMPATIBLE

SYNTAX

SV266A             COMPATIBLE

TEKRAM

P6PRO-A+           COMPATIBLE

TOSHIBA

Satellite Pro 460  INCOMPATIBLE (No EPP mode)


TESTED: 61

WORKING: 52
NOT WORKING: 9

NEW ADD 2011/03/15:

Gigabyte GA-686LX3 COMPATIBLE
Shuttle HOT-671 COMPATIBLE
PCChips M572 COMPATIBLE
MSI MS-6147 COMPATIBLE
ASUS TX97-X COMPATIBLE

NEW ADD 2011/03/16:

IWILL PX55UW COMPATIBLE
DFI AK-75 COMPATIBLE
MSI MS-5146 COMPATIBLE
FREETECH P5F76 COMPATIBLE
GATEWAY 718142-208 COMPATIBLE

REVISED: ASUS CUV4X-D COMPATIBLE

NEW ADD 2012/04/28:
ASROCK 760GM-GS3 INCOMPATIBLE
GIGABYTE GA770TA-UD3P COMPATIBLE in 32 BIT mode


NEW ADD 2012/09/26:
ABIT BX6 COMPATIBLE
ASUS M4A785TD-M COMPATIBLE
ASUS A7N8X COMPATIBLE
ASUS P55T2P4 COMPATIBLE
CHAINTECH 6ATA2 COMPATIBLE
CHAINTECH 6VTA2 COMPATIBLE
ECS ELiTEGROUP K7VZA COMPATIBLE
GIGABYTE GA-5ATV COMPATIBLE
GIGABYTE GA-7ZX COMPATIBLE
GIGABYTE GA-7IXE4 COMPATIBLE
INTEL Intel JN440BX COMPATIBLE
LEGEND QDI KinetiZ-7EV COMPATIBLE
PCCHIPS M536 COMPATIBLE
TEKRAM P6PRO-A+ COMPATIBLE

NEW ADD 2015/07/15:

AsRock K7UPGRADE-600 INCOMPATIBLE
DELL OPTIPLEX 740 INCOMPATIBLE (Wrong Signal Voltage)
GIGABYTE GA-P85-D3 COMPATIBLE
GIGABYTE GA-8INXP COMPATIBLE
MSI K7N2G COMPATIBLE
MSI K8T-Neo2 COMPATIBLE
MSI Pro266 TD Master COMPATIBLE


Cheers,
Oerg866


Last edited by Oerg on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:18 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oerg



Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW ADD:

ASUS P3B-F: Compatible
ASUS P2B: Compatible
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO: Compatible


Soon:

ECS 785 something, cant remember the exact name. Bought this board for secondary PC. Looking forward to testing it.

Haven't gotten in too many boards lately, but I can test my "new" Compaq D510 Evo...

Maybe the ABit BX6 Very Happy I need to put in new capacitors on that one though >Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oerg



Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW ADD:

Syntax SV266A: Compatible Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oerg



Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a couple of Boards from ASRock, ECS and so on..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chilly Willy



Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you're still checking these out. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oerg



Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's that time of year again Smile

NEW ADD 2012/09/26:
ABIT BX6 COMPATIBLE
ASUS M4A785TD-M COMPATIBLE
ASUS A7N8X COMPATIBLE
ASUS P55T2P4 COMPATIBLE
CHAINTECH 6ATA2 COMPATIBLE
CHAINTECH 6VTA2 COMPATIBLE
ECS ELiTEGROUP K7VZA COMPATIBLE
GIGABYTE GA-5ATV COMPATIBLE
GIGABYTE GA-7ZX COMPATIBLE
GIGABYTE GA-7IXE4 COMPATIBLE
INTEL Intel JN440BX COMPATIBLE
LEGEND QDI KinetiZ-7EV COMPATIBLE
PCCHIPS M536 COMPATIBLE
TEKRAM P6PRO-A+ COMPATIBLE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oerg



Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW ADD 2012/11/23

INTEL D945PVS COMPATIBLE
INTEL D975XBX2 COMPATIBLE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chilly Willy



Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! How do you get all these boards to test? Do you work at a computer store, or just have that many boards break on you? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DoctorBackup



Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Posts: 265

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oerg



Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chilly Willy wrote:
Damn! How do you get all these boards to test? Do you work at a computer store, or just have that many boards break on you? Laughing


Good question ... Razz

the answer is.... they just accumulate over time Razz I buy them sometimes very cheaply or I get them for free (dumpsters/friends).... Razz

In other news, I've retested the 760GM-GS3 from Asrock and it seems that inpout64 is still a bit buggy, with io.dll on windows XP it seems to work somewhat...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chilly Willy



Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oerg wrote:
Chilly Willy wrote:
Damn! How do you get all these boards to test? Do you work at a computer store, or just have that many boards break on you? Laughing


Good question ... Razz

the answer is.... they just accumulate over time Razz I buy them sometimes very cheaply or I get them for free (dumpsters/friends).... Razz

In other news, I've retested the 760GM-GS3 from Asrock and it seems that inpout64 is still a bit buggy, with io.dll on windows XP it seems to work somewhat...


Trash is a good way to get boards cheap. It's amazing what some places throw away... and in that vein, if you have a local Saint Vincent DePaul in your town (it's a Catholic charity thrift store like the Salvation Army), they tend to have ultra cheap PCs. In fact, the one I knew in Arizona tossed anything TOO old in the trash, even if it was still good. I made friends with one of the workers and got things even more cheap or for free if they were just going to toss it. The price was often just a token charge: for example, I got an Apple IIc+ with an external 5.25" floppy and extra external 3.25" floppy, the Apple B&W monitor, and the Apple Color monitor, all for $5. They were going to throw it all away, so I got it for a token fee. I also got an SX64 for $5 from them (that's the "portable" C64).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DoctorBackup



Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Posts: 265

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Place here in Dallas TX (metrocrest non profit christian based) threw away ALL dontated PC,s fully working or not and all printers routers. They considered it scrap and we had a scrap metal guy come buy once a week to pick it up and he simply sold it for scrap metal or to get th e popper get the copper out They did not want to be responsible for things not functioning even though I volunteered there for 4 years and worked for DELL for 2 years doing tech support. I can tell you how many CRT monitors I threw away when flat panel LCD screens really took off. Some of it Didnt make it into the trash but made it into my car Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oerg



Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chilly Willy wrote:
Oerg wrote:
Chilly Willy wrote:
Damn! How do you get all these boards to test? Do you work at a computer store, or just have that many boards break on you? Laughing


Good question ... Razz

the answer is.... they just accumulate over time Razz I buy them sometimes very cheaply or I get them for free (dumpsters/friends).... Razz

In other news, I've retested the 760GM-GS3 from Asrock and it seems that inpout64 is still a bit buggy, with io.dll on windows XP it seems to work somewhat...


Trash is a good way to get boards cheap. It's amazing what some places throw away... and in that vein, if you have a local Saint Vincent DePaul in your town (it's a Catholic charity thrift store like the Salvation Army), they tend to have ultra cheap PCs. In fact, the one I knew in Arizona tossed anything TOO old in the trash, even if it was still good. I made friends with one of the workers and got things even more cheap or for free if they were just going to toss it. The price was often just a token charge: for example, I got an Apple IIc+ with an external 5.25" floppy and extra external 3.25" floppy, the Apple B&W monitor, and the Apple Color monitor, all for $5. They were going to throw it all away, so I got it for a token fee. I also got an SX64 for $5 from them (that's the "portable" C64).


What wha whow WOW what the Where in the what in the hell? A SX64 for $5....

I must not live in the right planet X_X

Great finds Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chilly Willy



Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oerg wrote:
Chilly Willy wrote:
Oerg wrote:
Chilly Willy wrote:
Damn! How do you get all these boards to test? Do you work at a computer store, or just have that many boards break on you? Laughing


Good question ... Razz

the answer is.... they just accumulate over time Razz I buy them sometimes very cheaply or I get them for free (dumpsters/friends).... Razz

In other news, I've retested the 760GM-GS3 from Asrock and it seems that inpout64 is still a bit buggy, with io.dll on windows XP it seems to work somewhat...


Trash is a good way to get boards cheap. It's amazing what some places throw away... and in that vein, if you have a local Saint Vincent DePaul in your town (it's a Catholic charity thrift store like the Salvation Army), they tend to have ultra cheap PCs. In fact, the one I knew in Arizona tossed anything TOO old in the trash, even if it was still good. I made friends with one of the workers and got things even more cheap or for free if they were just going to toss it. The price was often just a token charge: for example, I got an Apple IIc+ with an external 5.25" floppy and extra external 3.25" floppy, the Apple B&W monitor, and the Apple Color monitor, all for $5. They were going to throw it all away, so I got it for a token fee. I also got an SX64 for $5 from them (that's the "portable" C64).


What wha whow WOW what the Where in the what in the hell? A SX64 for $5....

I must not live in the right planet X_X

Great finds Razz


That was my feeling at the time. They were just going to throw it away. They tossed more than a dozen Apple IIgs' complete with all the accessories. With PCs, they tossed anything that wasn't at least a P2 regardless of the condition. In case you're wondering, they kept their trash bins padlocked to keep people from stealing from them... which is bizarre seeing as they threw it out!

I got monitors, o-scopes, voltage regulators, C64s, P1s, and on and on, all for almost nothing because they weren't going to keep them as the average person stopping in at a thrift store isn't looking for those things. If I had been running a store, I'd have tried to negotiate a bulk deal to take most of their "trash" and resell it. If they had a SVDP here where I live now, I'd be doing that right this moment.
Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oerg



Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time no see.

I added the following selection to the list:

AsRock K7UPGRADE-600 INCOMPATIBLE
DELL OPTIPLEX 740 INCOMPATIBLE (Wrong Signal Voltage)
GIGABYTE GA-P85-D3 COMPATIBLE
GIGABYTE GA-8INXP COMPATIBLE
MSI K7N2G COMPATIBLE
MSI K8T-Neo2 COMPATIBLE
MSI Pro266 TD Master COMPATIBLE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2011 phpBB Group