ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

super wild card issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clearmoon247

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: super wild card issue Reply with quote

I recently purchased a super wild card sm3201, the floppy drive lights up but i get no display on my snes
there appears to be slight corrosion on the 3.6v battery but other than that everything else seems fine
i was hoping i could get some advice on what the issue could possibly be.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing to do for help would be to take a detailed photo of where the battery leaked and post it. Ofcourse, the general tips apply always, did you clean the connector, try the copier on a different console, are you using the proper power supply?
clearmoon247

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will post pics when i get home tonight, im using the original snes and power adapter for the snes, the swc has no power adapter, and the corrosion from the battery is minimal

*edit/update*
so i disabled the lockout chip on my snes for another project, and tried the super wild card, it starts for a second, i see the main menu then the screen blanks out, i think it's a pal cart, so my next venture is to modify the nes to be multi-region

*second edit*
apparently i didnt fully disable the lockout chip earlier, after connecting pin 10 of the lockout chip to pin 4 of chip u10 the super wild card works for the most part, but it has issues with the floppy disk drive. i am going to purchase a usb db25 adapter shortly

*final edit*
So, i couldnt be happier with how this project turned out, i found an old floppy drive in a box from a while ago. I switched the drives and tried to do something simple, format a floppy disk and my heart sunk when it said write protected, one of the issues the other floppy drive had. It was at this point i thought all hope was lost. When i ejected the disk from the drive, i noticed that both holes were open and that's when it hit me, the disk is write protected so it isnt an issue! I then plugged the disk back in, tried the format once more and sure enough, it worked!!! Since that point, i have been playing all of my classic hacked roms and enjoying them on true hardware thanks to my super wild card that i got for the low low price of $20
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: