ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Problem with MD Pro 64...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
segasonicfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Another Problem with MD Pro 64... Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I'm new here and I just shelled out my long saved $100 for an MD-PRO 64. I've been wanting one for over a year and finally got the money together. It arrived today, but I am having no luck with getting it to work Sad I'm having very similiar problems as posted on the last thread about this. Where I start up DreamWriter I get an error message that says: "NT Port Driver Couldn't Start. Something Wrong!" I tried all the different ports in the configuration menu but I am having no luck. It just says No Card Found. The USB 5v is running through and I played the games on the cart with my Genesis easily, but I can't get the software to work. As mentioned on the last thread I also tried ucon64...but after downloading EVERY version available for PC (theres 4 I think), I am still having no luck. Each one of those programs refuses to start when I click the application (and yes, this is after I have extracted all the files). Each one seems to have a different problem from the next :/

I am also using Windows XP. I tried my Laptop with windows XP and had the same problem with DreamWriter. I'm going to try my ancient 4GB Laptop now.....

any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated! Smile

-Segasonicfan
dbjh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Another Problem with MD Pro 64... Reply with quote

I get the impression you don't have administrator access. What happens if you log in as administrator? What exactly did you try with uCON64? All four WinDOS version should work equally well, but I suggest to use the MinGW version.
segasonicfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on the administrator account. Each of the ucon64's just gives me a different error message. The Cygwin one says that cygwin1.dll was not found so it cannot open (when I click the executive file).

The MinGW one just scrolls down a huge DOS window when I open it (showing writing that moves to fast to read) and then closes automatically.

The VC one does that same as MinGW

The DOS one opens a dos prompt and then closes in the blink of an eye

That's all of em. Sad Any other ideas?

-Segasonicfan
dbjh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've got an idea for you: read the answer to question 4 of the FAQ :-P
uCON64 is a command line program. That means that you should start a command line interpreter (cmd.exe) and run it from there. I'm working on a GUI frontend. I hope to release an alpha version this Monday or Tuesday. That should make things easier for you. However, it isn't a bad idea to learn how to use a command line.
Suppafly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your parallel port set to EPP mode? Many people forget to do that...
segasonicfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do I set it to EPP mode?? Thanks for the help!

-Segasonicfan
segasonicfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if I get this flash cart working I will be selling many games from my Genesis library...I have something around 150 Genny games Smile I just noticed your sig, so I thought I'd say something Smile

-Segasonicfan
dbjh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

segasonicfan wrote:
how do I set it to EPP mode??

You can set the parallel port mode in the BIOS setup program. You enter this program by pressing a key like Del or F1 right after turning the PC on (before booting an OS). You should see a message telling you what key to press.
Suppafly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entering the bios and setting the PC options is a little risky if youre not familiar with it. Dont move anything that you dont know what it is. OR better yet, ask someone who knows more about computers to change the port for you.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

segasonicfan wrote:
Also, if I get this flash cart working I will be selling many games from my Genesis library...I have something around 150 Genny games Smile I just noticed your sig, so I thought I'd say something Smile

-Segasonicfan

Why Selling ? Just Donate them to Suppafly! Laughing
Unless you intend to buy more tototek stuff with the cash you get Razz

Ow and think before you sell, who knows you sell some games you will regrett later! (i did, but lucky i got them back)
segasonicfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got the cart working 100%! Thanks guys Smile It wouldn't work untill I reset the Parallel Port to EPP and installed the thing on a 3rd computer. It works perfect now, and Totoek comes through again! Amazing piece of hardare (and software), I am very impressed Smile

As for the Genny games, I intend to sell them to purchase more game stuff in general. I love my collection though, and I'm not sure which games I will be selling yet.

-Segasonicfan
segabob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Regret is a part of life Reply with quote

Yep!
I no longer have 376 Nes games.
Or 78 Atari lynx games
Or 278 Game Gear games.
76 TG-16 games
I found a place called Game trading zone and Ebay Confused

It's funny how hard it is to build the collections now a days..

But with all these back up units and flash cards.
You wonder if it's worth it Idea
Suppafly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad everythings fixed.

Topic locked!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: