ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Redant Game Axe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wmwc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Redant Game Axe Reply with quote

I recently picked one of these up, took it apart, put it back together and everything worked. Then I took it apart again, trying to get a model number for the LCD screen so I can replace it. I can't find any documentation or any relevant information online about a replacement.

The screen... sucks basically. The system itself is pretty awesome but I am looking to replace the screen with a higher quality. I have no knowledge of LCD screens or where to get any sort of replacement or anything for anything. I can find them online but they don't have the same sort of ribbon connection this one does. There are no model numbers or anything relevant on the device.

Any advice?

"There is as much chance of repealing the eighteenth amendment [alcohol prohibition] as there is for a hummingbird to fly to the planet Mars with the Washington Monument tied to its tail." (1930) -Texas Senator Morris Sheppard
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any LCD that can take composite video should work, you may need to trace out the signals to install a different one. Have you googled replacing the Game Axe LCD yet?
wmwc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, nothing. Composite video? Well yeah tracing it out might be hard, I've never done that!

I also posted about a famiclone controller adapter. As you know the game axe has the 9-pin controller ports, like a sega genesis but not compatible with genesis controllers. Do you have any idea how to get an NES controller to work with them, or a PS1 controller. Like the adapter, that is sold out, on this site?

"There is as much chance of repealing the eighteenth amendment [alcohol prohibition] as there is for a hummingbird to fly to the planet Mars with the Washington Monument tied to its tail." (1930) -Texas Senator Morris Sheppard
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't know. It's possible it's a plain pin connection. I.E. there is a Ground pin, and the other 8 pins are for the 4 D-Pad directions and 4 buttons.
madman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Controllers for Famiclones should work with the Game Axe. You can likely find a pinout for this online, I'd bet they are encoded the same way that the original Famicom controllers are.
wmwc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got two controllers which do not work with it, but claimed to be famiclones. Do you think plugging in a sega or a bunk famiclone controller can damage the controller ports of the game axe?
madman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plugging in the incorrect or bad controllers wouldn't cause the ports to go bad.
wmwc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, so how can I get these DB9 (or whatever) controllers. I can't find any on eBay so I am stumped right now. Any advice?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: