ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to build a CD-ROM for Bung CD7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
system64

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: how to build a CD-ROM for Bung CD7 Reply with quote

I've recently got a CD7 drive for my Game Doctor SF7. Currently I try to find out how to build a CD-ROM for the CD7.

That's what I know so far:
- disc must be a mode 1 disc with 8.3 filenames.
- all roms have to be in the root folder.
- games have to be in GD-Format

But I still have a few questions:
- Do I have to split the ROMs?
- How do I have to name a ROM? As far as I know the filename starts with SF.... and ends with .058 or similar. Does Ucon64 give the roms a proper name when converting to GD format?

It would be very nice if you could help me with these questions. Thanks.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The names should follow the format of ucon64 which would be like SF16MMM.078 I think. I don't think spliting files is needed.

You also may need to try a few different brands of CD-Rs to get the older drive to read them. You may have to try the expensive archive type gold CD-Rs that are 74 minutes.
system64

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately the Game Doctor does not even recognize my CD7. It just says 'linking..'

I have to mention that I own a selfmade CD7. It's based on the CD7 pcb from gamedoctorhk.

I use a CR-563-B from Creative Labs. The drive doesn't react at all when it's connected to the CD7 pcb. It's not even possible to open the cd tray. When I disconnect the drive from the pcb, it's reacting typically (spin up when powering on, cd tray works).

I tried all jumper settings (1, 2, 4 and off), but it doesn't solve the described problem. Are the Creative drives incompatible with the CD7 pcb?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to give you more insight but unfortunately I don't have a CD7 and don't know details of its operation. I believe the drive you are talking about should work.
gogo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago i built 2 cd7 with home made pcb , one with a oem CR-563-B and one with a creative CR-563-B and they worked fine .....
system64

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
A few years ago i built 2 cd7 with home made pcb , one with a oem CR-563-B and one with a creative CR-563-B and they worked fine .....

Thanks for your feedback. So the CD drive can't be the issue.

The circuit is quite simple, there can't be much wrong. The solderings look good. One reason for the malfunction could be the small 0.1uf cap. It's a tiny smd cap. Probably I've soldered the wrong side of the cap to ground. I will replace it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: