ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Games crash on super pro fighter q floppy games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spudman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Games crash on super pro fighter q floppy games Reply with quote

Hi guys,

My brother got me a super pro fighter q a few days ago and carts play fine and copy to floppy ok but when i play from floppy the games play for say 10/20 seconds then freeze or crash, could this be a ram board fault? is there anything i could try? i also have no idea how to transfer games to the copier its self Sad

many thanks

spud man
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are certain it can copy cartridges to floppy disk OK? You can play the files it makes of the cartridges on an emulator on your computer fine?

But when you load the same file off the same floppy disk it only plays for like 20 seconds?

Also look to see if there is a RAM Test or any TEST option on the menu.
spudman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thanks for a quick reply Smile

i'll try the the floppy in an emu and post back. not sure its got a test menu unless it has a secret menu you have to get into some how?

thanks again
spudman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tried backing up 3 carts to 3 new floppies all work ok in emu, tried backing up to copier and game plays a few seconds and crashes, fitted new battery to copier and the copier doesn't hold game Sad
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plug a game into the copier and play the game through it, it works perfectly?

If it works perfectly then i think that narrows it down to maybe 2 problems. Maybe your RAM board needs repair or replacement. Or, are you using a power supply for the copier? Usually a Sega Genesis Model 1 power supply that outputs 9 Volts DC Center Negative is what you want. It's possible there isn't enough power available to it if you are using the wrong adapter. Beware, do not just try random AC adapters. You could damage your copier. You should only use what is recommended.

Tototek can get ahold of a new RAM board for you if you need it.
amptor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spudman are you using Windows XP or above? If so, do the following:

Grab a PC with MS-DOS 5, Windows 95, or Windows 98 (Windows 95 and Windows 98 are GUI shells, not operating systems..they have MS-DOS version 6 installed as the base OS)

Try copying the game to floppy drive in that computer.

See if it works, let us know the outcome.

I know this might sound silly but it took me a bunch of searching, trial and error and I finally figured out that the NT kernel from Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 was causing this problem on my Super Wildcard DX.

I hope this helps people to not junk their old copiers when the OS of their PC is at fault.

Edit: I re-read this post and if you copy from Cart to floppy disk and you're sure the floppy is fine, you'll need to format the floppy inside the copier and try again. If it doesn't work then yeah the ram might be bad or the floppy drive. when testing my swc dx, copying from cart to floppy worked great so it was an o/s issue where I was copying games on a PC to floppy disk then playing them.

spudman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
If you plug a game into the copier and play the game through it, it works perfectly?

If it works perfectly then i think that narrows it down to maybe 2 problems. Maybe your RAM board needs repair or replacement. Or, are you using a power supply for the copier? Usually a Sega Genesis Model 1 power supply that outputs 9 Volts DC Center Negative is what you want. It's possible there isn't enough power available to it if you are using the wrong adapter. Beware, do not just try random AC adapters. You could damage your copier. You should only use what is recommended.

Tototek can get ahold of a new RAM board for you if you need it.

i'm using my mega drive 1 psu, don't think they had any ram in stock last time i checked Sad
spudman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amptor wrote:
spudman are you using Windows XP or above? If so, do the following:

Grab a PC with MS-DOS 5, Windows 95, or Windows 98 (Windows 95 and Windows 98 are GUI shells, not operating systems..they have MS-DOS version 6 installed as the base OS)

Try copying the game to floppy drive in that computer.

See if it works, let us know the outcome.

I know this might sound silly but it took me a bunch of searching, trial and error and I finally figured out that the NT kernel from Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 was causing this problem on my Super Wildcard DX.

I hope this helps people to not junk their old copiers when the OS of their PC is at fault.

Edit: I re-read this post and if you copy from Cart to floppy disk and you're sure the floppy is fine, you'll need to format the floppy inside the copier and try again. If it doesn't work then yeah the ram might be bad or the floppy drive. when testing my swc dx, copying from cart to floppy worked great so it was an o/s issue where I was copying games on a PC to floppy disk then playing them.

my one doesn't have the port on the back sadly Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: