ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help: card flashes on pc but nothing on SNES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oblivion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: help: card flashes on pc but nothing on SNES Reply with quote

i bought a super flash card some time ago but never got around to using it untill recently. its been in a box at room temp and there is no visable damage whatsoever. i have a tototek sms and genesis flash cart which works perfect so i'm somewhat familier with the proceders.

the cart is detected fine on the pc with the flasher program. i can flash games to it no problem and if i take the card out and reinsert it the games i flashed are detected through the program.

the issue is when i go to play it in a snes i get a black screen, no menu or anything. i can confirm the snes works just fine and tested several acual games on it. i have tried flashing several games and checked if they are cart compatible which they are and have no special chips so i'm at a loss why its not working. any suggestions? is it fixable?

thanks!
-Justin
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it doesn't have a CIC chip. Without the CIC chip, you need a T connector with a real SNES cart to run stuff on a real SNES.

http://www.tototek.com/pio/main1/SUBMENU/PARTS/LINKS/OS/superflash.htm

Scroll about half-way down to see pics about that.
oblivion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yhep, opened up the cart and no CIC chip. guess i didn't realize that for some reason when i bought it.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oblivion wrote:
yhep, opened up the cart and no CIC chip. guess i didn't realize that for some reason when i bought it.

I think that's because most of the "packages" on the site all include the CIC chip.

By the way, some clones don't require the CIC chip. My FC-16 Go plays most games without the CIC just fine. That's handy as then I don't need the SNES cart hanging off the flash cart. Very Happy
Mobiliana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many people who need you to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: