ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems getting new SuperFlash Cart to work....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Problems getting new SuperFlash Cart to work.... Reply with quote

I can't get my new SuperFlash to work:

1) Tried the SuperFlash when it came out of the envelope in my SNES and it worked (game was on it)
2) Set my printerport to LPT1/378/EPP
3) Plugged both USB & Parallel cable in
4) Plugged SuperFlash into programmer (yes, front is facing away from cable-connectors)
4) Switched Programmer OFF>ON
5) Started flash-appication (2.34) but it does not respond in any way when I click add game.

Now I found similar posts on this forum and they mostly come down to a broken cable or incorrect settings. I tested the SuperFlash with two parallel cables, and 2 USB A-B cables. Also tried on another PC (both new Pentium 4 3.2GHz, WinXP-Pro + SP2) but same problem occurs.

Changing the printerport-setting to ECP only results in the same 1) showing and nothing else, whether the cable is connected or not.

Furthermore, I also tried all versions of the flashtool but that also didn't solve the problem.

Small remark: If I try with the other PC, I can chosse between EPP version 1.7 and 1.9. If I choose for 1.9 then the CARD INFO square remains empty with only this text in it:

1)

Sometimes one, two or three 3's or a zero appear behind the 1) and that's it. Same thing happens with the other cables so the cable can't be broken. When I unplug the parallel cable, nothing changes so it's just doing nothing.

I really don't know what to do anymore since I tried everything (right?). Can anyone help me with this? I'm getting kinda desparate right now Confused .

dbjh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems getting new SuperFlash Cart to work.... Reply with quote

Toink wrote:
I really don't know what to do anymore since I tried everything (right?).

Well, if both PCs are similar you have not tried everything. Do you happen to have access to an older PC?
I don't think it will make a difference, but you could also try uCON64 2.0.0 (+ frontend). Please note, only the send ROM option can be used to see if uCON64 really detects a Super Flash.
Toink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the two pc's are similar in speed but not in hardware.... I'll try uCON64 and hope it works....

/edit:

IO-driver loaded, everything connected, using the GUI of uCON I get the error that I expected to show up:

Using I/O port base address: 0x378
Send: 541184 Bytes (4.1289 Mb)

ERROR: Super Flash flash card (programmer) not detected

I'll just fiddle around some more. Maybe I'll just buy another set of cables to be extra extra sure. I just don't know where to start anymore.

Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toink :

The cable is buy from us ? If not, maybe cable not the right one.
Suppafly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can find a new parallel cable? Theyre VERY cheap...here in mexico they cost less than 2 US!
Toink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK just to be sure, there are two kinds of cables: Parallel cables, and interlink cables. With an interlink cable you can connect two pc's together but this is NOT the cable I need, (right?).

I have a 25p male-male parallel cable (so it's NOT an interlink cable). In fact, I have two and neither one works. Tomy, are there any reports of the flashcart not working under the latest version of windows XP. Just wondering... Confused

The programmer does seem to get power from the USB-cable because when I switch on the programmer the biggest chip (exilinx) becomes warm to the touch.

DaveGeorge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a long shot so I'm just speculating here. Maybe your USB isn't 5V (maybe 4V or something)? If it's lower than 5V the flasher won't work, right? The chips might get warm because they're getting some power but maybe not enough to be able to flash.

I'm absoulutely no expert in this area but maybe you should make sure your USB port is 5V.
Toink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then, how do I make sure my USB-port give 5V? I mean, everything that I plug in works, and I've got two computers with different mainboards. On neither of them does the programmer work. Also, two different power supplies (expensive ones).

Well, I just grabbed some old pentium2 and installed win98se. After installing uCON and SuperFlash still it seems as dead as it always has been. I tried EPP 1.7/EPP 1.9/ECP and even SPP which shouldn't work anyway.

Also, same error in uCON as I wrote above here.

Now, having tried several cables, several computers and several operating systems, Tomy, is there anything you can do to help me any further... Crying or Very sad ??

DaveGeorge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the english terminology, but in Sweden (at least) it's called a Multimeter. It's a little device which measures the voltage and such things on various electrical stuff. Just place the pointer on the usb-B socket on the flasher while it's connected to the computer and it should tell you how many volts your usb delivers.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm no expert in this sort of things, but I'm sure someone here has better knowledge than me, so if you're unsure keep asking around.
Toink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, It's a multimeter. Today I went out and bought a 20 dollar gold series Addison cable and..... WTF.... it's working. Stand by please Smile >>>>

YES, it's working!!! I can't believe it > I'll lock myself in my own house for the coming months Twisted Evil Razz Very Happy

Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toink :

Oh, so it is cable problem ? But your cable is little bit expensive.
Toink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Tomy, it was a cable problem. And also yes, the cable is expensive. The cable isn't to be found easily here and if you can find it they'll have you pay for it badly. But now it's working I don't care about the price of the cable anymore Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: