ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emulator of Nes on snes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pollito

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Emulator of Nes on snes Reply with quote

Exist an emulator for gamble Nes on snes? Razz
Memblers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some NES games that were converted to SNES by someone. Simple ones like Galaxian, Millipede, etc. They run with no sound.

People may say you're crazy for asking, but I believe it's possible. Very Happy
I've written an NES sound emulator for SNES.
http://nesdev.parodius.com/#DocsSNES
Jagasian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memblers wrote:
I've seen some NES games that were converted to SNES by someone. Simple ones like Galaxian, Millipede, etc. They run with no sound.

People may say you're crazy for asking, but I believe it's possible. Very Happy
I've written an NES sound emulator for SNES.
http://nesdev.parodius.com/#DocsSNES

To do it, you would need a tool that decompiled ROMs correctly. SnowBro had a program that did a pretty good job. I think he wrote it in Java, but I can't find it on Membler's nesdev site. I might have a copy lying around somewhere at home. Once you have the decompiled ROM code, then you would have to translate the instructions used for video and sound to map to the SNES's architecture. Since, I think, the SNES can be run in a 6502 mode, then you would probably want to make sure the CPU runs at twice the NES's CPU speed, so that you have a little flexibility in the remapping of NES sound and video code to SNES sound and video code. Then you would have to pad the rest of the program with NOOPs so that the game doesn't run too fast. Such a method would probably work for a large percentage of the Famicom/NES games, but you can be sure it would not work for some specific games that do weird stuff.
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Memblers : I tested you programm with superflash on my PAL SNES. It works fine exept for the scrollbar on the title: It does not appear! Is this a known problem ? Does it work on the NTSC version ?
Memblers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, that's really odd. I'm not sure why that would happen. I've had 3 people report that it ran OK on their PAL systems (2 built their own carts, one used a SWC-DX) and I've seen a short video from one of them. And I'm pretty sure the scroller was visible.

It runs OK on my NTSC system. It's an SNES clone with a GD7 though (Gamestation), but should be close enough to the real thing.

Maybe the superflash's menu or startup code does something that conflicts with my code? Could be, if I didn't initialize something properly.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Like I said, my Gamestation wasn't very accurate, but then maybe I am just paranoid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: