ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Tototek next project ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: What's Tototek next project ? Reply with quote

Is there any news on what's tototek up to ?
Nothing ?
another flashkit for whatever system ?
or just another piece of hardware for whatever ?

Wink

i just like to know for what i need to save my money (or not) Very Happy
Jagasian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the next Tototek product will be a N64 flash cart, as the software is already available for download.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: t Reply with quote

Waiting patiently for the FDS-Pro, myself. I believe Tomy isn't far from finishing this, as I know he had a prototype working a while back...wish I knew the status of this one...I can hardly wait!

-Rob
Jagasian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: t Reply with quote

rbudrick wrote:
Waiting patiently for the FDS-Pro, myself. I believe Tomy isn't far from finishing this, as I know he had a prototype working a while back...wish I knew the status of this one...I can hardly wait!

-Rob

What does the FDS-Pro do?
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDS=Famicom Disk System.

-Rob
DjoeN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me on getting a FDS and jap famicom Smile (or 1 of those famicom duo systems with build in floppydisc)
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you buy a Sharp TwinFamicom, don't count on using any of the "cool" accessories ;)
Jagasian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what FDS means, but what does "FDS-Pro" mean? Does it let you use standard floppies with an FDS? That would be a very popular piece of hardware.

I still have a srink-wrapped new mint in box AV Famicom that I am still waiting to use... I guess I should pickup an FDS for it, but I want some cool FDS Tototek accessories before I do that Smile
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, FDS Pro if released will transfer (FwNES) FDS images to and from the FDS to your PC. You will still need a modified FDS to write diskettes.

Sorry to say Jagasian but unless you shrink wrapped the AV Famicom yourself, you may have gotten burned. You should open it up to check because Japanese consoles are never plastic wrapped and rarely stickersealed. The AV Famicom never had a sticker or anything to seal it.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
No, FDS Pro if released will transfer (FwNES) FDS images to and from the FDS to your PC. You will still need a modified FDS to write diskettes.

Sorry to say Jagasian but unless you shrink wrapped the AV Famicom yourself, you may have gotten burned. You should open it up to check because Japanese consoles are never plastic wrapped and rarely stickersealed. The AV Famicom never had a sticker or anything to seal it.

So all that is needed is the RAM adapter, or is the actual drive unit of the FDS needed to use FDS Pro? If it is just the RAM adapter, then somebody needs to put together a FDS drive case that has a small PC mobo inside (like a mini or nano-itx board) running a customized LinuxBIOS with a normal floppy drive. If such a project was done cleanly, it would have the same effect as having a standard PC floppy drive instead of FDS disks Very Happy Eh, one can dream... the world needs a good Famicom copier. I want to believe that it will come one day. (I still have a glimmer of hope that the Kevtendo or a flash cart based on it will someday be available for purchase.)

With regards to the AV Fami, I bought it many years ago. It isn't really shrink wrap... it is just the bubble wrap used to ship it. I never removed the wrap because I was moving around allot at the time. I am pretty sure I haven't gotten ripped off because I bought it relatively cheap a long time ago, before it was a must have item. Hell, I got a top-loading NES for like $50 new in the store, when it was first released. But now that you have me paranoid, I guess I should check. You got me paranoid about the SWC DX2s... and they turned out to be new mint in box goodness Wink
rbudrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: r Reply with quote

I thought the FDS Pro was also supposed to allow you to rewrite disks.

However, if it can dump disks w/o CRC errors that rocks too!!

Has Tomy by chance mentioned if either of the above are true of the FDS Pro, Kyuusaku?

-Rob
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagasian, you'll need the FDS "RAM adapter" & the disk drive. The unit was supposed to be a passthrough cartridge which sit's between the RAM adapter and the Famicom. When you turn on the system, you're greeted with a modified Copy Master for the hardware.

rbudrick, it is supposed to rewrite disks, that's what I mean by to and from. I haven't heard from Tomy in a long while and haven't heard of any progress on the project since before he even mentioned it to the board.

BTW, I'm almost ready to go FDS diving, sorry to keep you waiting if you are!
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

That's cool, Kyuusaku. If you happen to also find a 7201 drive in your travels, let me know if I can buy it from ya. Wink

-Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: