ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Super Flash kit, even more problems than the first
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Another Super Flash kit, even more problems than the first Reply with quote

Okay, so I got a replacement flash kit from GBAx (see previous topic for my experiences with the first).

I'm having even more problems with this one. I first tried it in a console (JAP console, using T-conn, US game on the back) and just got a black screen, same as before. So, giving it the benefit of the doubt, I plugged in the flasher, and fired up the software. I can't even write any ROMs to this cart, the software won't even detect it, when the flash cart is plugged in it just says "1)" in the "CARD INFO" box, and the "ADD GAME" button doesn't do anything. I've also tried with uCON64, and it says "ERROR: Super Flash flash card (programmer) not detected". I've also since tried the flash cart (with t-conn etc.) in a US console, same results.

Strangely enough, I can read ROMs from original carts fine using both Superflash and uCON64. If I read the contents of the flash cart with uCON64, I just get an 8Mb blank file.

I'm using all the same cables I used with the previous kit. Anyone got any suggestions? Anyone from Tototek care to comment on this? Did you perhaps ship a bad batch of these to GBAx?
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is you ParallelPort set correctly ?
Pernhaps a cable is damaged ?
Does the USB supply 5 V ?
DjoeN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use the newest flash software ?
If so, go back and use the old like tomy said.

doob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiteDRG wrote:
Is you ParallelPort set correctly ?
Pernhaps a cable is damaged ?
Does the USB supply 5 V ?

I've had the parallel port set to EPP (versions 1.7 and 1.9) and ECP+EPP, always with the same results. The parallel cable is new, and I can read ROMs from original carts fine, so I doubt it's the cable. If the programmer wasn't getting 5V, it wouldn't work at all would it?
DjoeN wrote:
Do you use the newest flash software ?
If so, go back and use the old like tomy said.

I've tried version 2.34 and 2.3, same results. I'll try a few more versions when I get time.
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a really bad problem ... Perhaps they sent you yours back Rolling Eyes
Jagasian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Super Flash kit was USB for power and data transmission, i.e. no parallel port needed, I bet most of the problems users have would disappear. USB is very user friendly, while parallel seems to give people problems.

Personally, I had problems with the parallel port on my laptop, but was able to get it to work on a regular full sized PC when using an administrator account.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not mind an usb 2.0 snes flashkit with external power adaptor if that would solve alot of problems. my pc works perfect with the flashkit, however my other 2 pc's won't even do a thing with it
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doob,

Do you have another pc to test your kit ? Thanks
doob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomy: yes, I've tried it on 3 different computers, always with the same results. Using both your software and uCON64.

I've got in contact with GBAx and they want to just give me a refund, they won't send me a third replacement. I guess that's it for me and the SuperFlash Sad Shame cos it did seem like the neatest solution for playing backed up ROMs on a SNES (no huge copier sitting on top of the console). I'm afraid I don't want to risk buying one from you guys, getting it shipped all the way from Hong Kong, only to find the same problems.

GBAx say they tested both kits before sending them to me, and they were working. So if 2 got broken on a fairly short journey within the UK, I wouldn't like to think what would happen to one coming all the way from Hong Kong!

I'll probably send it back on Monday, but i'll keep checking the forum over the weekend, so if anyone has any suggestions now's the time!
FloBo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello doob!

I'm having some trouble with my Super Flash for quite some time now. But I recognized that if I change the Priter-port-settings (bottom of Flasher-util-window), I get different data on my screen. Either, there's just the "1", you mentioned, printed on the screen and the other time there's this:

CART INFO

1)
TYPE: LOROM
ROM SIZE: 256MBit
SRAM SIZE: 262144KBit

could you check if it's the same with you?
doob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CART INFO

1)
TYPE: LOROM
ROM SIZE: 256MBit
SRAM SIZE: 262144KBit

Yeah, i recognise that message. A couple of things produce that for me: if the flash cart is not plugged into the programmer, or if the software is using the wrong parallel port address.

I think it must be the flash cart itself that's broken. If I start the software with all the correct settings, and the programmer plugged in and turned on, but with no cart, i get the above message. When I plug in the flash cart, it changes to "1)", so it's obviously detecting something. As I said before as well, I can read the contents of original cartridges perfectly fine, and they then play on emulators.
FloBo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very strange things happening here... in my case, I cannot read or write any cart at all... neither original carts nor super flash... I expected my cart-reader to be broken.... I really don't know what's wrong with that piece of hardware... will send it back to hong kong next week... Sad
DjoeN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recognize that to
BUT
The card is not broken, nor your programmer.

After a reinstall i have the same problems, whatever flashkit i use does not work or give the same message.

So i took the old kids pc and all flashkits work perfect on that pc.

So i removed my gf behind her pc Very Happy , and on her pc all flashkits work perfect to.

The strange thing is, it worked before on my pc, i didn't change a thing i did enough reinstalls and all worked, since yesterday none will work anymore after some windows xp auto updates. :/

i reinstalled windows xp sp2 and did all updates, still don't work now Sad

anyway i bet when you can try it on an older pc the will work flawless.

I can't test it on my laptop cause this new laptop has no lpt port

I bought a second lpt pci card, ecp/epp comp. it does the same thing it sometimes shows some cart info, even if no card is in it, but not any tototek card will work.

I moved all my emu stuff to my GF's pc over network and have installed usb and lpt cables on gf and kids pc to flash on those pc's.

Maybe a reinstall with windows xp SP1 will let all work again.
I come to think, all started when installing Windows XP SP2.

Maybe Tomy should consider thinking af a complete usb solution for his flashkit programmers Wink (ok i dunno shit, prolly to expensive or to difficult) but i'm willing to pay the extra bucks for an usb 2.0 solution without lpt

doob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjoeN wrote:
anyway i bet when you can try it on an older pc the will work flawless.

Well, I've now tried it on 4 seperate computers using the superflash software and ucon64, no joy.

Also, the flash card itself, which was tested and therefore should have roms on, doesn't work in any of 3 consoles (using t-connector, orig cart on back).
DjoeN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow mine does work in any of my snes consoles Smile

Then i guess you have so much bad luck you got 2x a faulty one, if i was you i would send it to Tomy and ask him for a replacement (not gbax.com)

but that's my opinion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: