ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can only have 1 game loaded at a time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cd_vision

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Can only have 1 game loaded at a time Reply with quote

Ok, here's my next issue. When I program my flash card with just one rom, it works great. However, if I try to put more than one game on, a strange thing happens. The cart loads up fine, I get the menu showing the four games, but then when I play one, and I turn the power off, on again, when the boot menu comes up, choosing any game causes the menu to freeze. No games will play after that.

So up to this point I've had just one rom loaded, and that seems to work. I haven't experimented much, but are there combinations of roms that cause this, or is it just a bug?
The Dumper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the size of the games? The menu program takes up a small amount of space. If you fill up the cart with 64Mb of games the menu overwrites some game code I believe.
cd_vision

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two 16's, and two 8's.
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What is the size of the games? The menu program takes up a small amount of space. If you fill up the cart with 64Mb of games the menu overwrites some game code I believe.

I realised that. It's not possible to programm the complete 64 Mbit. If i do so the SuperFlasher crashes when it writes the last part of the last ROM. Try not to fill the whole cart, 3 huge games are better than nothing.

Another funny thing is that when i put 3 games on the SF, including my holy FF5, FF5 ( which uses the save funtion ) has to be the last ROM, otherwise it will crash when it tries to load the savegame .... strange.
cd_vision

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've pretty much given up at this point. I cannot consistently get more than 1 game to work properly. At one time, I was getting good results with 2 games, but when I flashed it back that way later with the same games, it's not working now. I've tried different roms in different order, roms from smallest to largest size, tried without the 1 game I know works by itself, it just doesn't help. Putting more than 1 rom on here at once makes it crash, that's just all there is to it.
cd_vision

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well I changed my mind and went and tried some other things. Still doesn't work. I've tried every version of the software. One idea I had is that maybe mixing games from different regions would cause problems, so I made them all (J) games. Not any better.

Some of the roms I've been having trouble mixing, are:

Dragon Quest 5 (English Patch)
Umihara Kawase
Street Fighter II
Ranma 1/2 RPG
R-Type 3
Gradius 3
Puzzle Bobble

I'm using TOSEC roms from the GoodNES set 2.01.
I can make any of these games work on their own when that's all that's loaded in the cart. Having 2 or more games causes crashing.

Anybody else have more ideas?
DjoeN

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you placed a PAL CIC on the flashcard and use it on a non modified pal system, it would be best to use pal roms only. Same for NTSC.
Also did you check if the software is configured good ?
The multimenu must be selected in the software to get more then 1 game running (dunno how it's called, but it's in the dir. where the software is installed)

It's in the same options where you ca select your rom and save dir.

Give it a try!

cd_vision

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah all those settings are ok. I had at one point Umihara Kawase and DQ5 working together ok, but later on when I flashed it that way it didn't work. It's just not consistent.
Sargie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem. I fixed it by getting an earlier version of the software and copying the menu file from that version over the menu file from the new version. I am at work now but if you want me to send you the files I use email me: sargie@sargie.net
cd_vision

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I'll try it when I get home.
cd_vision

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I tried the menu files from 2.1-2.3 while running version 2.34 of the software. 2.1 & 2.2 the menu comes up but the games are just scrambled, and with 2.3 it locks up the same as 2.34.

I guess I'm just screwed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: