ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Flash Kit out of stock?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jagasian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Super Flash Kit out of stock? Reply with quote

Why is the Super Flash Kit out of stock? Will we be seeing an upgraded version soon? Possibly more flash, more sram, and sram partitioning?
marvelus10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope so, I want to buy one and im getting impatient.
FloBo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there WILL be a new version some time in the future...

but not before the n64-flashkit has been released (or at least that's all i know up to now^^)
Jagasian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FloBo wrote:
Yes, there WILL be a new version some time in the future...

but not before the n64-flashkit has been released (or at least that's all i know up to now^^)

Is this just a rumor, or has it been confirmed with Tomy? I can't wait for a new and improved SNES flash kit. When is the N64 flash kit going to be released?
FloBo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did never get any actual confirmation by Tomy or any other tototek-staff... but I've got some very well reliable sources^^

I'm no tototek-staff-member myself, so I can't tell you when the N64-flashcart will be released... but you may have seen the N64-flasher-software that's been available for download for more than a year now... so it will come!
marvelus10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its typical, as soon as I have some extra cash they are all sold out. Knowing me if I dont buy it soon ill spend the cash somewhere else and then get all stressed out when they are back in stock and I have no money. Im terrible at saving money too. It burns a hole in my pocket. Especially when it comes to my toys, you would think a grown man would be better with his money. hahaha yeah right!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FloBo wrote:
I did never get any actual confirmation by Tomy or any other tototek-staff... but I've got some very well reliable sources^^

Your "sources" clearly aren't reliable because nobody has upgraded the SuperFlash, nobody has expressed a plan to upgrade the SuperFlash and the N64-Pro will probably never be since the project was abandoned long ago by the developer.
FloBo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff about N64-flashcart IS a rumor. The new version of the SNES-cart not. I know the person developing the new bootmenu for it, so there's some development right now.
syd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
FloBo wrote:

Your "sources" clearly aren't reliable because nobody has upgraded the SuperFlash, nobody has expressed a plan to upgrade the SuperFlash and the N64-Pro will probably never be since the project was abandoned long ago by the developer.

To tell you the truth, unless the N64 flash cart was fairly cheap, I probably wouldn't buy one anyway. There are only a few N64 games that were decent, IMO, and they're pretty cheap anyway.

As for a new superflash cart, unless Tomy says anything, then it's a rumor.
FloBo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. tomy didn't say anything up to now and so it is a rumor if you like... anyway, even if my sources aren't right, it doesn't matter for me... I've got my Super Flash and I'm perfectly satified with it. Unless there's more compatiblity (like SA-1, SFX or others), I wouldn't buy the new cart... I mean RAM-partitioning would be nice, but when I develop games, I don't have more than one game flashed at once, usually.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FloBo wrote:
The stuff about N64-flashcart IS a rumor. The new version of the SNES-cart not. I know the person developing the new bootmenu for it, so there's some development right now.

A bootmenu hack does not change the archetecture of the Super Flash. For somebody to upgrade the SuperFlash, they will have to logically rebuild it from scratch because the CPLD design files are gone, this is why nobody has stepped up to the plate and probably never will. People with the ability to make that happen would be better off building their very own flashcart.
marvelus10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the new SuperFlash doesnt get abandoned either, or if it does hopefully they resort back to the original SuperFlash. Gbax is the only other option, they dont have the T connector and the price once converted to Canadian dollar makes them real expensive.
retrofan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Not gonna believe it but true.. Reply with quote

While this might sound weird, I'm the person that bought the last SuperFlash cart available here.

Ask Tomy.

-w00t!- & sorry...
Jagasian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku actually knows inside info, but don't ask me how I know that Wink It would be possible to make a more compatible cart than the SuperFlash, such as adding more flash RAM, a RTC, and correctly mapped SRAM for 1Mb games. But screw flash RAM. I'd much prefer a cart with 96Mb of PSRAM (inexpensive yet with same SRAM interface), 1Mb of battery backed NV-SRAM, and a MMC flash card slot. Once you have all of your ROMs hooked up to your SNES via a Disk Dual, being stuck with 3 games at a time is no fun.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It have stock now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: