ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying a new SuperFlash Cart questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshwaan2k

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Buying a new SuperFlash Cart questions Reply with quote

Hi guys

I'm finally going to buy one Smile

Just wondering some things

1. I'm from Australia and have a Pal Machine, do I do the following:

Just plug the Cart into the machine and send roms over with the parrel cable or is there something else I need to do?

Do I need to modify the machine, like you do to use the doctor SF7?

Is the SUPER-FLASH 64M Card kit with case for SNEX one the best to go with?

I want to try Secret of Evermore, and Weapon Lord rom as it's very had to get in Australia, I use to own it years ago.

Also how much it cost for EMS to Australia Tomy?

Also good luck with the n64 kit, I can't wait for that Smile

Cheers

Josh
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install software ,plug the cart into the Programmer, send ROMs. Some ROMs need to be modified a bit, eg, copy protections have to be removed. Tools used by me are SNESTOOL and uCon64. i don't use uCon64 to send games to SFC, but this is also possible.
You need a parallel and the USB cable, both can be ordered here. Please do so, it is the best way to avoid problems with cables.
You should buy the T-connector, or have a Pro Action Replay or any other device that lets you play foreign games on our SNES. You can also desolder a CIC chip from one of your PAL games ( or better buy a crappy one for a few bucks ) and solder it into the SFC. You can use the case of this game to put the SFC into it, only two little pieces of plastic have to be cut out.
Secret of Evermore works great with SFC.

If you are interested and can read german, I once made a tutorial for a friend : " How to use SuperFlashCart and how to mod ROMs to get them to work". It is a nice pdf, and delivers a good start and all my knowledge about the stuff. It is pretty helpfull. So please tell me.
joshwaan2k

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

So I can play all pal roms,but I need the T connector for my Pal machine to play US roms?

Also how do I install this T Connector

Cheers

Josh
undo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshwaan2k,

The T Connector works like a bridge between the Super Famicom and flashcart, no installation needed.

If you've got a NTSC CIC on the flashcart or if you've got none, you'll need the TConnector.

Simply plug the TConnector into your Super Famicom like an ordinary cart, with your flashcart connected at the top, now connect a PAL (in your case) cartridge to the back of the TConnector, enabling the flashcart to use the PAL CIC from the PAL cartridge.

I'd suggest that you solder a PAL CIC unto the PCB of the flashcart and use ucon64 to remove region protections (not always needed though). Then you should be able to play most games by simply plugging the cart straight into your Super Famicom.

This however doesn't change the fact of the differences between a PAL and NTSC system, ie. NTSC games runs slower on a PAL system. You can modify your PAL Super Famicom to be both regionfree and switchable between 50/60hz to ensure correct timing. But it's not necessary to do in order to enjoy the flashcart.

You can check the shipping cost if you've placed your goods in the shopping cart. Just select your shipping-preference and country.

Undo.

joshwaan2k

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again

Yep I purchased the Kit with the CIC so it disables the protection on my pal machine.

Also got the T connector, so that I could boot DSP roms Smile

I can't wait to get it, just emulators don't do it for me Razz

I need the real thing with the right graphics and sound Smile

Also there's one rom that I does not emulate properly and that is Weapon Lord.
undo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshwaan2k,

hm, why did you order a NTSC CIC? You can't plug your flashcart with that onboard straight into your PAL SuperFamicom. And as you've ordered the TConnector your SuperFamicom will use the CIC from the PAL cart that's inserted in the back eliminating any need for a CIC whatsoever.

FloBo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@WhiteDRG: did you ever think about offering this pdf on a web-page? I'd host it for you, if you like... I've got a little rom-hacking-site running at [url="http://www.digisalt.de"]digisalt.de[/url]. So if you're interested,...^^
joshwaan2k

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello undo

I was under the impression that the CIC chip disables the lockout 50/60hz thing found on the Pal machine.

I thought it might get rid of the black boarders when playing a USA rom on the pal machine.

Cheers

Josh
undo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshwaan2k,

No, CIC's are part of the regionprotection. If a PAL machine can't find a PAL CIC on the cart it won't allow the code to execute, and vice versa with NTSC.

In order to disable the regionprotection on your machine you need to cut (or ground) a pin on the lockout chip inside your SuperFamicom. And to enable switchable 50/60hz video (this'll remove the borders if you run at 60hz) you'll need to add a switch and do some more soldering and wiring inside your machine.

joshwaan2k

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Undo

Thanks for clearing that up Smile

now I understand, so in order to play a US rom in 60hz I need to modifiy the console.

Is there any tuturioals to do this?
joshwaan2k

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Now I found a really helpful guide Smile

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/snes-switches-1.htm

He says to use Single Pole Double throw switchs, just wondering would the following be ok to use?

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SS0825&CATID=&keywords=SPDT&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

Cheers

Josh
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@FloBo : PM sent !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: