ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Guys Help me to fix my 3 copiers!! :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BimboBoop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Please Guys Help me to fix my 3 copiers!! :( Reply with quote

Hi Guys I need your help, My 3 copiers are not working 100 like it should. I though here I will probably find a way to solve the problems. I will try to explain the 3 of them as easy and exact as possible. BEST VIBES!

1) DOUBLE PRO FIGHTER: this is one i just grab a couple months ago. Is the 24m versión. Sadly it looks like is working as 16m. I already tried to clean contacts and fit the ram board better on the main board, but nothing happened. The games only load until 2 disks size (16m) If I try to load a 3 floppies game with the .MGD extension. the game stop loading after the 2nd disc and runs but of course only show a black screen. If I try to load a 3 disc game using the .SMD extension it will load all the 3 floppy discs, but in the end I will just see a red screen of freeze, instead the game. So please anyone that can help me to found a 32m board. or even 24m board, or even some ram chips to replace them in my Ram board? I would love to finally check the 24 and 32m games working on DPF.

2) SUPER UFO 8.0: I have this years ago. But the true is, it never was the 8.0 version (just the case) it was 7.1 and then I upgraded the Bios to 7.3 with unexpected results , cause the HYPER MODE is not working anymore, so I cant make use of save states, like I did when I haved the 7.1 bios instaled. But I would love to upgrade it properly like it should be. SO please. SOmeone can share with me the real 8.0 Bios for the old Super UFO copier? (Not the flashcart version) BUT I need a proven and tested version , not a random rom from internet. I already tried downloading bios from internet and it always was with bad results. Please, help.

3) CD64Plus: I own 2 of these, as you guys sure remember this console has originally serious overheating problems. But I fixed both easily just pluging the CD Tray whit an extra AC adapter. Sadly a new small problem comes with this. As long the CD Tray adapter is plugged a small energy interference will appear for some reason, and the screen will be fulled by small lines that will only dissapear I f I turn off the CD tray adapter (by now I am connecting the CD Tray AC adapter to a switch). SO anyone knows the final solution to this problem? I think is probably not fault of my CD 64 Plus, since I already explained I Own 2 of them, and both shows the same problem.

4)One final question, Anyone know if the guy that was working on the HDD bios for the CD64Plus already has a newer version?

EDIT: I was able to solve almost all the DOUBLE PRO FIGHTER issues. Now I just would like to upgrade the RAM from 24m to 32m . So since buying a 32m board es difficult nowdays, maybe I can upgrade mine. If anybody knows the name codes for compatible DRAMS chips, that info will be usefull for me and very apreciated. Thanks Guys Best Vibes! Smile I still need help upgrading my SUPER UFO bios and the electrical problem with mine DRV64

Last edited by BimboBoop on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Double Pro Fighter, I think using the -mgd conversion is why it only loads from two disks and then assumes that is the end. I've always used the -smd conversion with UCON64 and I have played 32M games before. I think I've loaded Sonic 3D Blast on it before.

So I don't think it stopping with the MGD format has anything to do with your RAM being bad. Try other 24M games like Earthworm Jim or something like that. And use the -SMD option followed by the split in a separate operation.

I'm not sure about the Super UFO. I wouldn't have 'upgraded' from the original BIOS. If you still have the original I'd put it back in. I can't think of any good reason to upgrade it, unless you know specifically a reason to do so and that the replacement is compatible with the hardware.
BimboBoop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, well my friend used to import SUper Ufo to my country back in the days. He even offered to many people technical service UFO specialized. Sadly he doesnt have parts anymore, but he told me that the bios are compatible, thast why I am searching for it and not just returning to 7.1 bios.
Back in those days I remember to whatch him building from 0 some kind of interfases in order to connect the SNES directly to a PC trough the cartridge slot and play the roms saved at the PC. Back in those days he sold many of those, now he dont have even a piece of those.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: