ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will a SuperCIC Cart Key work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elvis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Will a SuperCIC Cart Key work? Reply with quote

I have a SuperFlash that was shipped without a CIC on it. Can I use a SuperCIC Cart Key with it?

http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.php?cPath=59&products_id=436

I've tried attaching one as per the SuperCIC Cart Key instructions, but can't get games to load on two different consoles. I just want to see if these are compatible with each other, or if anyone else has tried it. I'd like to make my SuperFlash region free if possible, as I have both a Super Famicom and PAL SNES.
elvis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answered my own question. Yes, a SuperCIC cart key will work in both PAL SNES and Japanese Super Famicom systems. Tested and working.

Some things I learned along the way:

1) I use uCON64 to flash my cartridge under Linux:
http://ucon64.sourceforge.net/

Unlike the Megadrive/Genesis and Master System Tototek flash carts, the SNES version *must* use the provided multi-game loader menu. Without it, games will not boot (even if you only want one game). The other flash carts can happily not use the menu loaders if you only want to load a single game,

2) The SuperFlash cartridge itself is quite fussy about position. I often have to restart both of my consoles many times while moving the cartridge around to get games to load, which makes it hard to tell if I've made a mistake in hardware/software, or if it's not me and just the cartridge.

But all good. Now I have a region-free cartridge to use in either of my consoles. Happy days.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The menu might be required to initialize mapper hardware that allows both LoROM and HiROM games as well as multiple games on a single memory. That would be my guess for why the menu is required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: