ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How the hell do I use this thing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enix2093

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: How the hell do I use this thing? Reply with quote

The Flash cart plays just fine. I tried that out, but the damn programmer doesn't work at all. I have changed my printer port to EPP and even tried ECP, but it doesn't detect the programmer at all.

I've checked the configuration and the parallel port is at 378 IRQ7 with no conflicts. Everything is plugged in right, but I still get nothing.

I tried ALL of the different versions of the SuperFlash program, and none of them give me the ability to add or remove anything from the cart.

Aftera few seconds, the window "CARD INFO" changes from
"1) ---------------------
2) ----------------------
3) ---------------------
4) ----------------------"

to

"1)
Type: LOROM
ROM SIZE: 256MBIT
SRAM SIZE: 262144 KBit"

There are NO ROMS in the upper window, and I changed the directory for the ROMs to my ROM directory, still nothing.

UCON64 says "ERROR: Super Flash flash card (programmer) not detected"

I have checked all of the other complaints on this forum about similar problems, and have tried all of the suggested fixes, but NOTHING WORKS.

HELP??
dbjh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the option of testing it with another PC?
enix2093

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, and I've tested it with 3 parallel cables now. Wasted $20 on a brand new one as well. The cables that came with my order didn't work either.
countchocula8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought mine and I have the same problem as described above. I've tried everything described in the other threads (change to EPP, use different computer, use different cables, etc...), but the card is still not detected by my computer. I get the same message as posted above no matter what. Please help out.

When working, does the chip on the Programmer get hot? I felt the chips on mine and it was cool so I don't know if it is a power issue. However, I tried using a different usb cable, but it did not change anything. At this point, I feel that there is a problem with the board itself.

The Flashcart works, however, and I'm able to play the preloaded games on my snes.
dbjh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK it's almost never a problem with the programmer. If it were, Tomy would have got a lot of programmers sent back to him. As far as I can tell it's an incompatibility of the programmer and the parallel port. The thing is that most PCs these days (that have a parallel port at all) have parallel ports that don't follow the official specifications. They may work without trouble with a printer or a scanner, but not with a Super Flash programmer or a Game Doctor SF6/7 (only a few lines "don't work"). The sad thing is that it's not possible for software to determine if a parallel port is compatible without actually connecting a Super Flash programmer to it.
I think Tomy should add a statement to the site which warns users that the Super Flash programmer may not work with their PCs. It would be better if he would design real USB versions of his devices, but that doesn't help you much.
countchocula8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Is there a way to alleviate this problem, maybe somehow mess around with the device manager to make it work? I hope there is, but I doubt it. I've tried on 3 different computers without any luck. I have a really old computer at home, but I'm off at university so I really don't have access to it.

It makes me sad that I have the device in front of me, but am unable to utilize it to its full capacity... it just sits there and taunts me every time I look at it. I'm open to more suggestions guys, so please help me out. Thanks.
dbjh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

countchocula8 wrote:
^^ Is there a way to alleviate this problem, maybe somehow mess around with the device manager to make it work?

If I knew I would have told you. Some hardware guy should investigate the problem so that the real cause is determined once and for all.
A wild guess to a solution is to put some sort of "one-way amplifier" on the lines that cause trouble, but I'm a software guy...
countchocula8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well software me a solution dammit! Just kidding, thanks for all your replies. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution.
cd_vision

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking, but I didn't see anything in your post about having a USB cable plugged into the programmer.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enix2093 :

Because your parallel cable is buy from us. I don't think it is damaged. For EPP mode, only need 12 data lines (wires). And it had been tested by factory. I think it is ok. From your post, you say tried 3pcs parallel cables. But I sugguess you try different PC, not different cables. And do you plug USB cable also ? You need both cables to flash the cart. Please try different PC first, and remember plug two cables (parallel + USB). If still no luck, please email me for programmer replacement. Email to tomy@tototek.com , included your name,address, phone number, order number if possible. Thanks.

countchocula8 :

Your parallel cable is buy from us ? You must use switch box extension cable + USB cable to flash the cart. Have you turn on the switch on programmer also ?

-Tomy
enix2093

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered BOTH cables from Tototek and YES, I'm not stupid, I had BOTH the parallel and USB plugged in...

Yeah, well, I went out and bought a nice new $20 high-speed parallel cable with gold connectors and it still didn't work, so then I went and bought a nice pair of USB cables, and plugged those in as well, and FINALLY it worked. I tested my other two old parallel cables and they didn't work, as well as BOTH cables I got from Tomy.

Tomy, BOTH of the cables you sent me didn't work. USB and parallel.
countchocula8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy, I bought both cables from tototek in order to save myself the headache of finding compatible cables. I've also tried a different set of parallel and usb cables from a friend and they don't work either. Yes, I remember to turn the board on.

enix or anyone else, do the chips your programmer get hot/warm to the touch when it is working? I felt mine and it is cool. I'm wondering if it is getting sufficient power from my usb. If it supposed to get hot/warm, then I will have to go try some more usb cables.
countchocula8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update everyone, Tomy ended up sending me a new serial cable (he said that the factory made a mistake and sent the wrong type the first time) and now it is working very well. Thanks again everyone for your help. Thanks Tomy for fixing the problem.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

countchocula8 :
Good to know you have everything ok.

enix2093 :
Refunded bad cable money to you. Very sorry. From now, all cables we will check before ship. Can't beleive the foolish factory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: