ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supertools Max 1600
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Supertools Max 1600 Reply with quote

I just got this unit off a guy from ebay in Canada. It's a unit I had back in the mid 1990's and was my second backup unit. The menu seems to be all in Chinese, and I was wondering if anyone had any info on how to navigate the menus, or if there is a way to change it to English (I seem to remember way back that there wasn't a way to change to English, but I could be wrong). I think the DIP switches in the back has something to do with the power.

Kyuusaku/madman,

I looked at robweb's site, google, tehskeen, and supermagi.com, but no info is availible.

Here are some pics:

Front:

Back:

Bottom:
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post some pictures of the menus it might be better.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenton_net wrote:
If you post some pictures of the menus it might be better.

Will do. Seems this copier is all button driven. Start button brings up how much memory (DRAM, SRAM, etc). The other buttons bring up some chinese menus
madman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried navigating the menus yourself? Wait, of course you haven't, you came on here for help instead. There are only so many functions that copiers perform and the are all pretty much the same. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what menu item performs which action. For example, if you select one item and it goes to the floppy disk and then shows you a list of the files, that might be the option to allow you to load a game.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
Have you tried navigating the menus yourself? Wait, of course you haven't, you came on here for help instead. There are only so many functions that copiers perform and the are all pretty much the same. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what menu item performs which action. For example, if you select one item and it goes to the floppy disk and then shows you a list of the files, that might be the option to allow you to load a game.

This copier doesn't work that way. I guess it went over your head when I mentioned that it is all button driven. It's not like a game doctor SF where you have a menu driven system and you use the control pad to navigate - NO! You just press buttons...
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spotted that one on some taiwanese websites but never saw the menu interface, that would be interesting indeed.
The comport and dipswitches upside down....this is weird. Can u also take a snap of the PCB?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic_Merlin wrote:
I spotted that one on some taiwanese websites but never saw the menu interface, that would be interesting indeed.
The comport and dipswitches upside down....this is weird. Can u also take a snap of the PCB?

Here is a scan of the PCB including RAM board. It was a pain to take apart actually.I will post pics of the OSD soon.

I am still trying to figure this thing out and getting anything to work is all button combinations.

Pressing Down loads the disk in the drive
madman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb wrote:
madman wrote:

This copier doesn't work that way. I guess it went over your head when I mentioned that it is all button driven. It's not like a game doctor SF where you have a menu driven system and you use the control pad to navigate - NO! You just press buttons...

So....have you tried pressing buttons and seeing what they do? Same concept.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman,

duh, didn't I just say that? Without knowledge of Chinese, it's hard to find out what other button commands do. But I guess according to you, I should have figured it all out by now, huh? I just love how you seem to make everything so obvious.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting, the PCB is in very good condition. Obviously it has realtime save and the empty socket must be for the DSP.

I could be wrong but I think it's a pro fighter clone with a different layout. It has almost the same components as in latest PFQ models, same number too.

I wonder what the dipswitches are for, maybe a snap from the bottom of the PCB could tell us more. My first guess would be that it's an option to self power the floppy drive.

Since it has the components for the COM PORT you should link it up to your PC and send some roms via Ucon. Usually you don't need to do anything on the copier side so it should work.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic_Merlin wrote:
That's interesting, the PCB is in very good condition. Obviously it has realtime save and the empty socket must be for the DSP.

I could be wrong but I think it's a pro fighter clone with a different layout. It has almost the same components as in latest PFQ models, same number too.

I wonder what the dipswitches are for, maybe a snap from the bottom of the PCB could tell us more. My first guess would be that it's an option to self power the floppy drive.

Since it has the components for the COM PORT you should link it up to your PC and send some roms via Ucon. Usually you don't need to do anything on the copier side so it should work.

No problem. I hope I never have to open that thing up again. Getting the cartridge connector off was a bit difficult. I didn't even know there was a 32mb version of this copier until I got it yesterday. Back in about, 1994-1995 I had this and it was only 24mb. Despite it's strange system of button pressing, it's a pretty solidly built unit and yes, i know it had RTS support (I am not sure if there is an extra 2mb for that but probably not).
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup it's yet another SPFQ+ clone, just takes a 6264 SRAM for RTS. You should dump the BIOS with Tomy's tool.
madman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb wrote:
madman,

duh, didn't I just say that? Without knowledge of Chinese, it's hard to find out what other button commands do. But I guess according to you, I should have figured it all out by now, huh? I just love how you seem to make everything so obvious.

Not really. Copiers all have a limited, finite set of functions. Load a game from disk, save a game from cart/ram to disk, load/save sram, cheat codes, disk formatting options and maybe some diagnostics. If you tried each of the options, you could eventually figure them out. Doesn't matter what language they are.

I'm not sure why I bother...you obviously are incapable of figuring out even the most basic things on your own.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
eastbayarb wrote:
madman,

Not really. Copiers all have a limited, finite set of functions. Load a game from disk, save a game from cart/ram to disk, load/save sram, cheat codes, disk formatting options and maybe some diagnostics. If you tried each of the options, you could eventually figure them out. Doesn't matter what language they are.

I'm not sure why I bother...you obviously are incapable of figuring out even the most basic things on your own.

I don't know why you bother either since you are incapable of providing any useful information. all you do is bitch and complain about me and it gets nobody nowhere. I don't know why you take such great offense to me asking questions. I am not like you and I don't look at every post you have made and give some smart ass remark for everything you say so if you have nothing useful to say, don't say a damn thing at all.

I obviously know that copiers have a basic set of commands, but when the commands involve knowing a language I can't understand, it's fair to expect questions. Other than pressing Down to load a game from floppy on this copier, there are other commands that require certain button combinations, and even if you come across a combo that works, you won't know what it does if you can't read the text that shows up after you do it. This isn't a game doctor 7 - it's not as simple as go down a list to see what each one does. When you boot this thing up, a bunch of Chinese text scrolls up and I know there are certain functions that require you press B, Y, whatever + B, whatever + Y, etc (it doesn't say select, start, or whatever, let alone what each command does). This is a completely text and button driven device - there are no icons, and it is purely in chinese.

To illustrate why I even posted this topic, look at the following pictures:

Here is what you see when you first turn on the unit (again, no icons or even a real menu):

Here are a few screens that show some commands (this list of command scrolls upwards):

Here's what happens when you press A after the copier boots up (again, it doesn't tell you in english what the command does or what the screen says):

So madman, look at these screens and you tell me how simple this is supposed to be given this is a text/button based copier with no english explaination of what each button/combo/command does. Yes it can be trial and error to a point. In all my years on the internet, I have never seen a detailed explaination of the commands for this copier (and I have been on the internet since 1996), and it's not as simple as it just being trial and error.
madman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've provided a lot of useful information on here over the years. I just get sick of your "ask first, never try anything on your own" ethos.

I will say this, there is an English version of the Supertools, a friend of mine had one back in the day. Whether or not it's a separate BIOS I don't know, but you have the tools available to find that out on your own. Do you know how?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: