ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tototek SF6/SF7 RAM upgrades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark_k

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Tototek SF6/SF7 RAM upgrades Reply with quote

Hi,

As you'll probably know, Tototek sell two types of RAM upgrade for the Bung SF6 and SF7 SNES copiers. The older type, which is $1 cheaper, only works with the SF7. The newer type works with both SF6 and SF7.

Out of interest, what is the technical reason why the older type works on the SF7 but not the SF6?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At some point someone figured out if you add a resister or cap or something to the RAM module in a certain spot it would work with SF6 and SF7. Nothing really interesting.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
At some point someone figured out if you add a resister or cap or something to the RAM module in a certain spot it would work with SF6 and SF7. Nothing really interesting.

What does that mean as far as why one RAM module will work for one, but not the other? I have some RAM from an SF7 that doesn't work with my SF6 and I'd like to know why and/or the differences.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what it was specifically. Resistor or cap I just threw out there. There was some slight difference or something that had to be worked out. You'd have to ask Tomy if you want to know. It may not be possible to use SF7 only RAM at all, maybe it's a bigger difference than I remember.
kazmat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF7 only ram board used 4M X 4 16M Dram.

SF6 & SF7 ram board used 2M X 8 16M Dram.

I modified my some GDSF3 16M boards to SF6 & SF7 64M ram boards.

But It is not easy, I think.

RIMG0056.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.33 KB
 Viewed:  1860 Time(s)

RIMG0056.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: