ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supertools Max 1600
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
I've provided a lot of useful information on here over the years. I just get sick of your "ask first, never try anything on your own" ethos.

I will say this, there is an English version of the Supertools, a friend of mine had one back in the day. Whether or not it's a separate BIOS I don't know, but you have the tools available to find that out on your own. Do you know how?

Don't assume that I don't ask without finding out first because I do. You can't just ASSume that because I ask something, that I didn't try to get to the bottom of it myself. In all my years in copiers and on the internet, I have not come across any English documentation on this unit at all. Just googling it doesn't always work no matter how you do it. I had this unit before and even that one wasn't English. I never said you have never provided useful info, because I know you have. I am just saying that bitching about everything I ask has no usefulness. And it seems that you only pick on me, as opposed to the many other people that come on here and ask things that may require a simple (or not so simple) search.

I don't have the tools to find out how to completely operate the Super Tools (the Chinese version, which is all I have and have known of) because (if you looked at the pictures), it requires knowing the button combos, and what each one of those does. And it's not like I can just run the Chinese text through a translator either so you tell me how easy you think translating the commands is
madman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a learning disability? It's an honest question. If so, I will try to be nicer to you in the future.

I'm not even going to address your first half because it would be lost on you, but I said you have the tools available to you to find out if the English menus are an OPTION IN YOUR BIOS or require a whole different BIOS. I didn't say you have the tools to figure out all the functions in Chinese. Let me say it again: You have access to every single thing you need to determine if the BIOS in your Supertools Max 1600 has an English option or not.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
Do you have a learning disability? It's an honest question. If so, I will try to be nicer to you in the future.

I'm not even going to address your first half because it would be lost on you, but I said you have the tools available to you to find out if the English menus are an OPTION IN YOUR BIOS or require a whole different BIOS. I didn't say you have the tools to figure out all the functions in Chinese. Let me say it again: You have every single thing you need to determine if the BIOS in your Supertools Max 1600 has an English option or not.

I already determined that it doesn't have an English option. Did you have a brain lapse since the first post that I wrote when I said there is no English option? Isn't that the whole point of me posting about how to find out how to perform the functions of this device? Why don't you tell me what other way I can determine if it has an English option in the BIOS that I haven't already tried?

Jesus, and you think I am a dumb ass...
madman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is your original post:
Quote:
I just got this unit off a guy from ebay in Canada. It's a unit I had back in the mid 1990's and was my second backup unit. The menu seems to be all in Chinese, and I was wondering if anyone had any info on how to navigate the menus, or if there is a way to change it to English (I seem to remember way back that there wasn't a way to change to English, but I could be wrong). I think the DIP switches in the back has something to do with the power.

Where exactly did you say you know for certain that there's no English option? What method(s) did you use to arrive at your conclusion?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

way back in my first post, I said that I know for a fact that there is no english option. Besides trying every combination of button pressing and the fact that I had this unit before, the guy who sold me it the first time back in the 90's who spoke and read chinese, told me that there was no English option. He gave me a list of all the different commands. Of course, that was nearly 15 years ago and I don't have that command list and it doesn't exist anywhere that I can find (the few searches and websites I did find that even mention it certainly don't either).
madman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must've interpreted "I seem to remember way back that there wasn't a way to change to English, but I could be wrong" as meaning something other than "I know for a fact that there is no english option." My mistake.
voidwhichbinds

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: video request Reply with quote

Hi eastbayarb

the camera you've used to take your photos sounds fairly recent - would it be possible to use it to take a video sequence of the copier's menu screens, possibly with you narrating it with the game pad button commands you're inputting and uploading it to youtube ?

IMHO, the only way we can help you get to the bottom of figuring out your copier's user interface would be to invite gaming fans who can read Chinese to take a look and offer up translations...

post the youtube link once you've uploaded the video file!

PS - a couple of the photos you've uploaded have since disappeared. reckon you could upload this missing ones again?
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this copier and instructions. Instructions are in Chinese. I had mine translated from a guy at my work. Its menu/navigation system functions totallly diiferent then any copier i have used. I cant remember how to use the thing but I would have to play around with mine to figure it out. Uses commands like "Select + R" dumps rom "Select + Left on D pad" does something else. Not sure what these commands do on the system though.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoctorBackup wrote:
I have this copier and instructions. Instructions are in Chinese. I had mine translated from a guy at my work. Its menu/navigation system functions totallly diiferent then any copier i have used. I cant remember how to use the thing but I would have to play around with mine to figure it out. Uses commands like "Select + R" dumps rom "Select + Left on D pad" does something else. Not sure what these commands do on the system though.

That's what I kept on trying to illustrate to madman who thought this copier was just like any other copier with a menu and icons, but it's totally different (it's completely text and button driven), and you can't just try out all kinds of combinations of buttons without knowing what you are doing if you don't read Chinese. Sure, I have figured some out on my own, but it's still difficult to really find out every command.

DoctorBackup, It would be nice if you can scan the instructions. I am trying to work with the guy I got it from to get it translated.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad I came back too late. Some of your images don't work anymore as mentioned, and it's hard to see the whole list (I assume the missing images had a large part to do with it).
amptor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm not taking sides here but I've read posts around this forum and you guys really seem to like to trash this guy for some unknown reason. Anyway, nobody seemed to bash me when I posted somewhat noob questions about a copier I've owned since 1995 that I was having trouble with, when I eventually figured out the solution on my own. Although interestingly, spoonman told me that he had the same issue however kind of vaguely pointed that out.

Anyway, it is possible that eastbayarb isn't like me, I'd probably start pressing some buttons and seeing what it'd do. But its possible that that could get confusing since it is all in chinese like he says.

Easiest solution, use a different backup unit Wink But ya that doesn't help lol. I'm still trying to find a replacement for my Fire Fox with 16M, but none of these guys in China can source one Sad It probably was a very cheap clumsily made pro fighter clone and I guess since the Chinese are overly obsessed with crappy Bung products, it probably wasn't very popular.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: