ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What CDs are these? BUNG CD Rom Set?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcartagena

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: What CDs are these? BUNG CD Rom Set? Reply with quote

Hell0 again,

I found the two silver disc CDs that the salesman gave me when I bought my SF2. They are labeled as follows:

SF8MV1 3/94, MASTERED BY NIMBUS
SF16 3/94, MASTERED BY NIMBUS

The SF8 CD has SNES 8Mb titles. The SF16 has 4-24Mb titles. All the roms on the CDs are just numbers, EX SF8122.058. The ROM titles include US and JPN games as well as some demos.

Are these part of the Bung CD collection I keep reading about here?

The CDs drove my brother and I crazy since all the files were just numbers. Since we didn't have a computer at the time to print out a list of all the numbers. we inputted random numbers and then if it worked, we wrote down the game title =)
pcartagena

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Confirmed as part of the Bung CD set. Reply with quote

People have let me know that these are for sure two discs from the Bung set.

I would like to share these CDs with others. Does anyone here have a Paid Rapid/Mega/Whatever Share account they would be willing to host two ISOs in? Please let me know and we'll work it out.
madman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might make more sense to share them via BitTorrent.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they are likely from Bung or some pirate outfit offering Game Doctor CDs full of games. It would make more sense though to make your own CDs with the games you want along with your own list. I've made a program that helps you do this, you just dump a bunch of ROMs into a folder and it will use UCON64 to try to convert them to GD format and then catalog them for you. So you end up with a bunch of converted games and a list of which file is which. I also added a menu program so if you use a PC and parallel port you can burn a disc and bring up a menu to choose the game by its original filename to upload with ucon64.

If you want to share the ISOs of the discs you should rip the ISO and compress it with something like WinRAR and let people know what the size is, maybe then they could help with hosting it somewhere.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
Might make more sense to share them via BitTorrent.

or upload them to usenet
pcartagena

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
I'm sure they are likely from Bung or some pirate outfit offering Game Doctor CDs full of games. It would make more sense though to make your own CDs with the games you want along with your own list. I've made a program that helps you do this, you just dump a bunch of ROMs into a folder and it will use UCON64 to try to convert them to GD format and then catalog them for you. So you end up with a bunch of converted games and a list of which file is which. I also added a menu program so if you use a PC and parallel port you can burn a disc and bring up a menu to choose the game by its original filename to upload with ucon64.

Pshaw... after flipping through and trying to guess those numbers for a year, my brother and I did just that with some other tool (years ago), and then did the remaining 30 or so games by hand.

MottZilla wrote:
If you want to share the ISOs of the discs you should rip the ISO and compress it with something like WinRAR and let people know what the size is, maybe then they could help with hosting it somewhere.

good idea... I will get started shortly.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have these kind of CD's but chinese text files. Is there a good tool that will scan these and output english text files of the actual games on the disks?
voidwhichbinds

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there certainly is: ucon64

try the following from the command prompt, in the folder that you've unzipped the archive

ucon64 --ls X: >bunglist.txt

note X = the drive letter of your CD/DVD drive in Windows

cheers

eastbayarb wrote:
I have these kind of CD's but chinese text files. Is there a good tool that will scan these and output english text files of the actual games on the disks?
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb wrote:

Would you be interested in burning these discs for me?? Ofcourse I would pay ya for your time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: